You’ve managed your career. Now it’s time to manage your retirement.
NEW RETIREMENT coaching helps you plan for and create a satisfying and meaningful new lifestyle.
Most Baby Boomers have a financial plan for retirement, but they will often spend more time planning a two-week vacation than designing the next chapter of their lives. In fact, only 14%* of Boomers have a written strategy for their retirement. Imagining full-time rest and relaxation is just not enough. You want to create a satisfying and meaningful retirement life—balancing volunteer activities, perhaps some paid work, leisure, family, and personal development.
New retirees can face frustrating challenges such as:
- Creating new structures that replace the familiar routines of their jobs.
- Finding new ways of relating with spouses, adult children and aging parents.
- Remaining relevant, discovering a new purpose...and just maybe rediscovering and fulfilling past dreams.
Here are some of the questions and concerns I often hear from retirees:
What Should I Do?
- My whole life has revolved around work and I have no hobbies. What do I do now that I’m retired?
- I’m done with my old profession and want to try something new. How can I get started?
Uncertainty and Anxiety
- I feel ready to retire but I’m not sure I want to give up the status and perks of my job.
- I don’t make friends easily. How can I replace the connections I had with colleagues at work?
- When I was teaching I was inspired. Now I’m retired and I’m adrift. What’s my purpose now?
- My work was about getting a paycheck and growing my estate. Now I want to build meaning and purpose into my life. How can I do that?
- My husband and I have different ideas about retirement. How can we get on the same page?
- I want to live in a warm climate and also be near my grandkids…but they live in Chicago. What should I do?
* Transamerica Center for Retirement Studies.
Retirement Satisfaction Questionnaire
Looking for more satisfaction in your retirement? Whether you've just started to plan your retirement or have already retired, the Retirement Satisfaction Questionnaire will help you find ways to increase your satisfaction after full-time work. Just fill out the form below and we'll send you the questionnaire.
NEW RETIREMENT coaching gives you the opportunity to answer these and other questions so you will get the most from your retirement. NEW RETIREMENT coaching helps you to:
- Assess your personal strengths to build retirement success.
- Explore ways to give meaning and purpose to your retirement.
- Think through how and where to live.
- Plan for what’s next